Wednesday, March 01, 2006

CINDERELLA SYNDROME

Proverbs 13:12 says " Hope deferred make the heart sick; but when dreams come true at last there is life and joy"

The Word of the Lord is so true and I guess I never really thought about the fact that my dreams coming true had to do with the fact that I had a sick heart. Since my heart has been healing I have started to feel different.

For years I felt like Cinderella, the broken down version I might add. I felt I was always doing something for someone else, building dreams for other people. Doing the work for other people, and never getting any credit for my contributions, because they were expected and not appreciated. I felt "dumpy" and "ugly" and of course I felt I was stuck in a situation that would never change.

But one day I decided to go to the Ball... God healed my heart and dressed me in a beautiful new person... I danced with my prince under the stars and I felt beautiful, I wasn't wearing a ball gown nor did I have on a crown. But the black pants, black shirt and tangerine sweater served the purpose. My horse drawn carriage ride was amazing, and I looked back, it didn't turn into a pumpkin. I will soon get to return to the presence of my "Prince" and I am so excited.

My life as a whole is starting to turn into "Dreams that come true" I had a wonderful interview Monday for an exciting job, one that could change my life, in the area of my finances in the least, but for the best part, an appreciation for the talents that God has given me.

Doors are opening for this Cinderella, and paths are being laid... ones that lead to God's will in my life. There is going to be a lot more adjustments in my world as well. I have to get used to all of this positive stuff. For so long I was the no body, and that is quickly changing.

The dreams that are coming true have been orchestrated by God, the healing of my heart, the placing of my Prince in my life ( Love ya Don ), the sweet introduction to all my friends, and the feeling that I have dropped the old little step sister clothes and dressed myself in a beautiful gown, and glass slippers. I feel like I am the "Belle of the ball" the spotlight is on my dance. There is truly life and joy in the Lord. He is my master escort to all these beautiful balls that I have been attending. I, unlike Cinderella didn't have to drop my glass slipper, my clothes didn't change back at midnight, my servants didn't turn back into rats and I am not faced with the cruel stepmother and stepsisters. I got to remain in my beautiful transformation.

But for the fun of it, uummm Don I dropped my shoe, could you get it for me?

1 Comments:

Blogger The author said...

My writings pale in comparison to yours. Fabulous imagery, Renae. Thanks for sharing.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home