Wednesday, February 15, 2006

CATCHING UP...

Blogging has been nearly impossible for me lately. I couldn’t explain the feelings that I had, even if I had tried. Yesterday was Valentines’ Day. I was so blessed. My sweet Don sent me 7 cards spaced out from January 20th until February 13th, he sent them to the office, so I could strut around like a peacock. And then yesterday, for the first time in my life, I got a Valentines’ delivery! A four foot frog, holding a heart that said “Kiss me, I may be your prince”, a balloon and a beautiful hot pink rose. I was so surprised; cause the trip to Tennessee was supposed to be my Birthday/ Valentines gift, that is what I wanted. He is a sweetheart, that is all I can say.. I am blessed.

They finally got daddy’s grave fixed. Mom went down and took some flowers yesterday, and I sent a garden rock, covered with mosaic tiles and has LOVE on it. I miss him so much, but I am doing much better with his absence. God has truly helped me to deal with his death better. Time is a friend when you are hurting.

Lee got a good job, Thank you Lord! Kizzie quit her job and is staying at home, they informed me Sunday that they were gonna try to have a baby. OH MY !!! Renae a grandma !!!!! I gave them the best advise I could give without trying to interfere; I hate it when people do that to me. Lee wants one so bad, he lost a child 3 years ago, and it changed his life. His girlfriend got pregnant and Lee was on drugs then, he immediately got off drugs, and started working overtime, he was so happy, and then she lost the baby, Lee never returned to drugs, and they broke up, Thank you Lord !!!!, and he got saved. His life has never been the same. He said he would find them a better place to live, and they have a chance to get on their feet now, with his new job. I just pray the timing is made perfect by the Lord, I think they should wait a while but I can’t control that. I will support them in their decisions, as I want them to support me in mine.

Paula and Brent are doing great. Paula wants a baby too, but she is having problems conceiving. OH my, I could be a grandma before I am 44. That is overwhelming to me. I have always wanted grandchildren, but I want my life to be in a better situation before that happens, but that is being selfish. So again I pray that God’s timing is perfect. I would want to be able to help both physically and financially, meaning being able to help spoil that baby… but we will let God handle all the details.

My love life, if you will, is in such a sweet place right now. I am such a blessed woman to have a Godly spirit filled man in my life. He has made my life so complete. I am growing spiritually as well. My ministry is just in the early stages; I am waiting for God to open the doors for me. I have been preparing for some time now, again His timing is perfect. I learned a long time ago to rely solely on Him.

My friendships are growing stronger as well. I have so many people in my life that bless me. I couldn’t have said that this time last year. Some of you have touched me in ways that I can’t describe… I will not list you, because you know who you are. But I must say a special thank you to Jooles, your cards almost on a daily basis, have been such inspiration to me. Our friendship has bloomed to the point of almost sisterhood. I have never had a sister before, but if I had one, I would want her to be like you. Jusb, and Rick your support of me and Don, and your constant asking about us, has been very touching… Thank you for listening to me go on and on. Lori I love our Saturday talks. Swordie you are my spiritual mentor, a sweet sister in the Lord, that helps keep me in line. And of course Don… where would I be without your friendship. Your spiritual counseling, your advise, your leadership, and your love has made me whole again. You have shown me what it means to love myself.

I will be going to see Don on March 18; I will meet some of his family as he has met some of mine. I am so excited. This will be my first flight ever. So many firsts… see I am blessed.

I pray that each of you are blessed. If I did not include your name, know that you are such an important part of what is happening to me. The people I mentioned are the ones that have made a recent impact on my life. If you are my friend you know it, and know that I love you and I know you love me as well.

Friendship has held me together lately; friendship will continue to assist in my total recovery. Know that I am your true friend and I love you. Also know that my best friend is Jesus. Without Jesus I am nothing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're my hero.
Rick

4:47 AM  
Blogger The author said...

Renae,

No words are needed - you know how important you are to me

But you may want to check with Nutso about that sister thing - I'm sure she has some stories to tell about a sister like me....

Julie

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home