Saturday, January 07, 2006

SLAYING THAT LAST MONSTER

Beautiful...that's how mercy say me...though I was broken and so lost, mercy looked past all my faults.......not what I was, but what I could be....that's how Jesus saw me.... (These words from a beautiful song ring so loud in my ears)

A sweet little friend, Mark shared with me a short story he had written about a little girl that was being abused by her dad. In that story one of the lines JUMPED out at me. He said that God makes us beautiful so he can show us off to his angels. WOW...

Last week when Don, or most of you know him as ollie, was here, I felt beautiful. Each day I found myself getting up and fixing my hair, putting on my makeup and wearing something beautiful that he had bought me for Christmas (Thank you again Don, for all the beautiful clothes). I searched for just the right jewelry and shoes to match. I walked into his room each morning to see his smile and hear his compliments. I am attractive, did you know that. I am cute, did you know that!!! I felt so beautiful. Wrapped up to my neck on that horse drawn carriage ride in a Christmas quilt, I felt like Ms. Christmas, all I was missing was my crown. Dancing in the open air amphitheatre under the stars I felt like a ballerina. Each time a chair was pulled out for me to sit down in, or a door was opened for me to walk through, I felt like the Queen of Sheba.

Beautiful comes from so very deep down inside you. In the past I had viewed it as such an ugly thing. A thing that caused me to be harmed, and taken advantage of. Not any more. The angels were singing as God showed me off to them. As I strutted my stuff in that beautiful pair of black velvet pants, and black and red velvet shirt that Don gave me for Christmas on New Year's Eve, I felt like a million dollars. For the first time in my life, I felt beautiful. I like feeling beautiful. So much so that I have found a new drive in me to continue to work on loosing all this extra weight. I was proud of myself again for the weight loss that I had accomplished since my divorce. I was proud of the way that I have chosen to dress now, and fix myself up. Besides I am a princess, my daddy is the King of all Kings, and princesses are beautiful creatures !!!

Thank you to everyone who has been telling me this, in honesty... I am seeing it for the first time. I am learning that a true beautiful woman allows her insides to become a part of her outsides and the combination of the two make you a REAL Beautiful woman... Angels are you looking ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home