Friday, December 16, 2005

THE MANGER OR A SUITE

I haven't' blogged in a while. Things have been a little crazy round here. I was taken off the road and put in the office couple weeks ago. I am loosing my mileage check which sings to the tune of anywhere between $600.00 to $1,000.00 per month. I have been cutting as many corners as possible to try to see if maybe I can stay in my home. I can't stand the thought of boxing up all the things that I have worked so hard for, putting them in a cold dark storage shed somewhere, and moving back in with mama and daddy. Lord I pray that don't happen. My freedom will be cut off. My network of friends will be greatly lessened. I need that support now more than ever in my life.

I did however have the prevlidge of going to an assisted living facility yesterday and playing and singing for some sweet elderly people there. I decided to read them the Christmas story. As I was reading it the Lord revealed something to me. Joseph and Mary had plenty of money, they were not poor... there was just no room for them in the inn, so she had to deliver baby Jesus in a manager, none the less it didn't stop his birth. God showed me that people today don't allow Jesus room in their Christmas, he is in it none the less. We sing Christmas songs about him, even go to Church and celebrate his birth, but we really don't put him up in a suite so to speak. That rung true to me this year. With the cut in my job, my Christmas gift buying was cut to nearly null. I can only afford small gifts for everyone, thank goodness I started several weeks ago. But that is really not what's important. I want to celebrate Christmas this year like never before. I want to allow Jesus in my Christmas... I wanna give him top knotch treatment. I don't wanna get lost in the gift giving/buying whoha. I will give to those that I have bought for what I have bought for them. I will not worry about what I couldn't buy them more. Realizing that I am a giver much more than a receiver it does make it hard. But I wanna step back and look at what I have already given them throughout the year. With my children especially... I have always wanted to shower them with gifts at Christmas time.. but all the 20's and 10's I have slipped them this year. The avon orders that I have given Paula just to help her buisness grow. The wedding that I pratically paid for, all those things brought joy to me, and I am glad that I could help during those times of need, rather than just buy some silly little sweather, wrap it and put a bow on it. The love that I have shown them really does account for something.. I can see that.

Happy Birthday Jesus, the gifts I bring to you this year are LOVE, service, respect, honor,and acknowledgment of your existence! I love you Jesus. Thank you for all that you do for me. Thank you for all that you have given me, and thank you for whrere you have brought me from to where I am today.

If you are reading this you are my friend. I wish you a Merry Christmas.. I may not have bought you a gift, but I do have some things to offer you.... my friendship, a little word of encouragement,some joy, a little laugh, words of hope, and my love.

Remember to put Jesus in a top knotch suite this year, don't put him back in the manger, keep him real this year and everyday, remember it's the little things that we do everyday, not just on December 25th for someone. He really and truly is the reason for the season. I LOVE YOU !!!

1 Comments:

Blogger The author said...

Merry Christmas, Renae

You have brought me more gifts than you will ever know these last six months.

Thank you for reminding us what the bells of Christmas are really all about.

Julie

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home