YEARS 15-20 Continued
I can't believe I left this part out... In 2000, 1 year after our 18th anniversary rose deal, I left Bobby 1 month before our 19th anniversary, I got brave and left Bobby.. It was 1 month before Paula was to graduate from high school, I had taken alll I could. I took the kids and went home to mama and daddy. Daddy offered to take care of me and the kids and all our bills while Bobby went to re-hab if he would go. He would not hear of it. Lee was miserable, I had taken him away from his friends. Paula was okay because she had made the choice already to spend her senior year in Geneva anyway, she would stay with mom and dad during the week, to escape the horror at home, and come home on Wednesday nights to go to church. We had found out my daddy had COPD, and was signed up to hospice, he only was given 6 months to live, so she wanted to spend time with him and be there to help mama too. So, Bobby contacted me and told me if I didn't come home he nor any of his family would be at Paula's graduation.. I knew that would tear her heart out, with Lee being so miserable, and Bobby with a new job in Elba, I thought well I will go back one more time... we can move to Elba, and make a fresh start..Lee was open to that, cause I knew he wasn't' missing his friends as much as he said, he just didn't like mama and daddy's ole timey rules.... So 2 weeks before Paula graduated I moved home...he had taken every penny out of our checking and saving accounts...leaving me with lots of bad checks floating around. He promised me though that they were all taken care of. So to Elba we moved.. Paula moved back in with us to. And with Bobby working at the police department, me at a local day care, and Paula at the Dairy Queen and Lee in school...we would make one more attempt to make a go of it.
The real horror begins:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home