A LOST TREASURE
Have you ever found a ten dollar bill lying on the ground, or the match to your favorite shoe, buried deep in your closet. Have you ever been walking on the beach and found a beautiful sea shell. Losing things are very hard, but finding things can mean treasures rediscovered.
I found one the other day. I was walking to my car and my new neighbor called out to me and said hey, I think my wife knows you. I was a little hesisitant to begin with, although I knew he was married once to one of my old friends, but I didn't know that they were back together. He said come on over she would love to see you. I walked into their home and saw before me a grown woman, a wife, a mother of two grown children, a grandmother, and yes my old best friend.
Linda and I spent hours together in our teens, we went to church together and every Sunday we went to one or the other's homes and stayed all day until Sunday night church. Linda has a zillion brothers and sisters but she was my favorite. We fixed each others hair, borrowed each others clothes, cried together, laughed together, and worshiped God together. As we grew up and I married, Linda moved away and I never saw her again, that was some 25 years ago.
I can't tell you the joy it was to finally find her again. She was the one person in my life that I always knew had faith and confidence in me. Linda loved me, she respected me, and she looked up to me. I always felt kinda like her big sister, as if she needed any, but I knew she was a true friend through and through.
We both have grown up and gone through some really tough times, we both have raised our children without even having the benefit of calling out to each other for advise. We both have changed. But just like the match to the shoe that you find in your closet, even after all those years, it still matches, it still fits, and they still look good on your feet.
Friendship is a rare commidity, and a true friend is even rarer. I praise God for bringing Linda back into my life. I know we will have more days like we did years ago. She was and is and will always be precious to me. I have found a treasure, I have found my old friend

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home