Sunday, March 26, 2006

DELIGHT IN THE LORD, AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART

Those that know me can tell you that Psalms 37:4 is my favorite scripture.

After years of craziness Don has brought some calm to my life. My trip to Tennessee brought some real eye opening experiences for me. It was my first ever plane ride, wow was that fun.

My first day there we went to dinner and I met his mom, niece and sister Brenda. His family took me in as if they had known me their whole lives. Don's home is beautiful, sitting in a picturesque little town in the mountains on an old historic street, surrounded by old homes. He even lives on Love Street, for pete's sake. The home is several years old, complete with hard wood floors, original wall paper, and full of beautiful antiques. I felt has if I had stepped back in time. The room that was fixed up for me, was one that I would have decorated myself.

Day two we spent most of the day at his church. It was Pastor's Appreciation Day, and we had "dinner on the ground". Again, everyone at his church welcomed me in. It was beautiful to sit beside him and worship with the man I love. He was so proud of me, I felt that he was "sporting" me off, not ashamed to have me there by him, not ashamed for everyone to know that I was his girlfriend. But the most beautiful part of that day, was worshiping with him. To be able to worship the Lord with the man that I love was a wonderful treat for me. I sang in the night services, and I watched him grin, as if to say..."That's my girl, up there". It was great.

Monday we went to the gym and worked out together and when we came out to leave it was snowing ! I had prayed for snow, I wanted to see it so bad, and I got what I asked for. The snowflakes were as big as golf balls, they lay freshly on the trees, Don drove me around for what felt like hours just looking at the beautiful sites, I could see the snow swirling around like it was dancing for me. I cried, I cried because of the beauty, I cried because I felt it was a snow shower just for me. Later that night we went to dinner and a movie.

Tuesday I cooked homemade cathead biscuits and breakfast for Don. We went to the gym again, and then later that day went to Jonesboro and walked and viewed several antique shops, and even an old bed and breakfast, it was beautiful. That night we went to dinner. I met his other sister Julia, and later he danced with me to "our song", how sweet. I cried because I didn't want to leave.

On Wednesday I left and came home. I had such a wonderful time. To be treated like a lady. To have doors opened for me, chairs pulled out for me, and my hand held in public was more of a treat than I can tell you. I want to go back. I love it there. I miss Don, I miss his family. I miss being treated like I am a somebody. The Lord blessed me with this beautiful trip.

As you can see by the pictures, we were dressed up for sure. Don looked so handsome, he has lost a ton of weight, I am so proud of him.

The desires of my heart has always been to just be loved, to feel beautiful and to be in God's perfect will. I am starting to see them come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home